Welcome and thank you for stopping by.
Here you will find information about St. Francis Chapel Makerere.
The St. Francis Community, Makerere university is part of the Church of Uganda and the wider Anglican and Episcopal church worldwide which believes in the One true God, and Salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ the Saviour of the world who is coming back soon.
“We are a church, small enough to care, big enough to celebrate”
We have been called by God to become a cell-based church.
In light of this, we are in the process of transforming to a cell-based church and the current cells under St. Francis Chapel Makerere are grouped as:
* Marrieds’ Cells
* Youth & Student Cell Groups
* Adults’ Cells
St. Francis has 6 services on Sunday at the main chapel and several in places such as Makerere College School and Kabanyolo. The Wednesday mid-week service has Holy Communion served.
* 7 O’Clock Service: 07:00 am – 09:00 am
* 9 O’Clock Service: 09:00 am – 11:00 am
* 9 @ the Centre: 09:00 am – 11:00 am (Happens in the community centre.)
* 11 O’Clock Service: 11:00 am – 01:00 pm
* 1 O’Clock [Lugbara] Service: 01:00 pm – 03:00 pm
* 4 O’Clock [Youth] Service: 04:00 pm – 06:00 pm
St. Francis Chapel is also the host of the Main Christian Union Fellowship (Main CU) at Makerere. The Main CU’s regular meetings are as follows:
* Friday Fellowship: 08:00 pm – 10:00 pm
* Sunday Fellowship: 08:00 pm – 10:00 pm